Thinking about selling your home can sometimes be overwhelming! Your home is often your largest asset and taking a few simple steps to get it ready to sell, could mean more cash in your pocket.
Let's break this down into 5 simple steps to take before listing your home for sale.
- De clutter! Pack up stuff that you do not use often, you want a potential buyer to see the size of your house and not the size of your stuff. Remove nick nacks and family pictures, you want your home to be the star of the show not your things.
- Let the light in! Open and clean the blinds and curtains. So simple, yet effective.
- Fresh paint, If you have crazy colors on your walls, consider painting all your walls a neutral color. If you don't have colored walls to paint over, consider doing touch up around the house. Fresh paint gives your home a newer feel.
- Clean up the outside. Trim bushes and trees mow the law if needed and consider planning a few flowers. Touch up the garage door and front door if needed with some fresh paint. You never get a second chance at a first impression. Most buyers know
within 90 seconds if a house is for them or not.
- Make it smell good! Have pets? Consider cleaning carpets, or replacing carpets.
- remember to keep pets outside or in the garage during showings.
No need for a full remodel, a weekend of work can make a huge difference in the sale of your home. And remember, selling your home is a process! Once it's ready to list there will be showings, inspection and an appraisal. Here at Homes of Idaho
we want to help you with the process! Call us anytime for a consult. 208-442-8500