You want to show your home to as many potential buyers as possible so make it a goal to never turn down a showing if at all possible. More showings equal more opportunities for an offer!
When you get that call for a showing here is a few tips to get ready quick!
10-15 notice for a showing
- PANIC! Now take a breath, you got this.
- Take all clutter, and toss it into a laundry basket and load it in the car. Seriously, just clear the counter, and random stuff laying around like clothes, kid toys, junk mail, ect and just take it with and sort it out later.
- Load dishes into the dishwasher, you want the sink and counters clean and clear.
- Empty the trash.
- Close all the toilet seats.
- Turn on all your lights and open those blinds.
1 hour or more notice for a showing
- Complete the list above.
- Take time to wipe down counter and cabinet doors.
- Clear the countertops, even store your dish soap and sponges under the sink & put away small appliances.
- Quickly wipe down the bathrooms and scrub the toilets, still leaving the seat down.
- Put away the laundry or take it with you if there is a lot.
- Make all the beds.
- Vacuum the carpets to fluff them up.
- Sweep the entryway and kitchen at a minimum.